News & Promos Lorem ipsum dolor sit amet, per ne purto corpora, cu eam cetero dolores.

(Italiano) Roma Via Giulia

Roma Via Giulia :

Via Giulia Situated at the center of the city between the district of Trastevere and Campo dei Fiori, in the Middle Ages the road was called “magistralis” because it reputedly one main road, although winding and muddy. Sixtus IV della Rovere, in the plan of reorganization of the city, rebuilt in 1478 this street called the Via Giulia “mercatoria” because it linked the high financial potential area (Piazza di Ponte S. Angelo) with the markets of Campo de ‘Fiori and Piazza Navona. But it was in 1508 that Pope Julius II della Rovere he designed, with Bramante, the first and the longest street in Rome (1 km) to the straight path (so much so that it was called “Via Recta”), called “road Julia” from the name the pontiff.
The road runs from Ponte Sisto to the church of San Giovanni dei Fiorentini, parallel to the River Tiber.
Ponte Sisto, built by order of Pope Sixtus IV and opened in 1475, was the only bridge over the Tiber to be built between the fall and the XIX century. It became the most fashionable street with the new buildings of the merchants and bankers and with the presence of the Florentine community, with its houses, its churches, its brotherhoods. Currently it is one of the luxurious streets of Rome.


No Responses to “(Italiano) Roma Via Giulia”

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *